The European Elections
A customer, with whom we have had the pleasure of a working for many years, required 2 million 4 page DL leaflets to be printed and distributed throughout approximately 50 regions in the UK.
- Quoted, manufactured and supplied the goods, 2 millions leaflets to around 50 regions, in accordance with their tight budget
- Advised them on sizing and layout so that they could achieve the best possible return on their investment organised optimum cost effective production of varying quantities of leaflets, differing by postcode but all run together at the same time
- Spotted errors in the artwork they had supplied and saved them the huge costs that would have otherwise been involved through the necessity to reprint
- Guided them as to the most suitable paper to use
- Despatched the goods, clearly labelled and sorted for door to door delivery by Royal Mail in accordance with their stringent requirements
- Liaised with Royal Mail regarding effective depot delivery – even receiving a letter from them complimenting us on how accurately goods were parcelled and labelled and thanking us for making their job easier
- Delivered high quality leaflets to an inflexible, short deadline date
- Communicated effectively throughout with all those who were involved in the design, production and delivery processes.
- Kept accurate and full records
Tamworth Trader increases its trade…
Tamworth Trader had stayed loyal to their previous printers over a six-month period but found that there were problems in producing the monthly 40 page magazine every time it went to print. The standard of work published was poor with pages upside down, spelling errors and problems with colour reproduction on advertisements. Goods were not always there when promised and there was a lack of inspiration from the supplier.
The Trader needed an interested printer who was willing to guide and support the cultivation of its identity and take it to new levels.
In just one month ie one issue, Kingate assisted by:-
- Re-creating all standing magazine artwork in Mac compatible files (from publisher files)
- Changing from almost entirely black and white inner advertisement pages to full colour print throughout
- Maximising colour and clarity of pictures supplied
- Re-drawing text, colouring and line detail where clarity had been compromised due to supply of low resolution advertisements by customers
- Correcting spelling and grammatical errors
- Improving competition entries by a dramatic percentage
- Setting monthly editorial, proofing and production deadlines and adhering to them
- Keeping the editor fully informed at all stages
- Ensuring that the improved magazine was produced on time ready for delivery in to 10,000 homes and businesses in the Tamworth area.
- A branded magazine which outshines its competitors
- Numerous advertisers and readers phoning up the editor with positive comments
- Many advertisers wishing to renew their successful adverts
- New customers phoning up requesting to put adverts and articles into the magazine
- Increased web site hits
- Hugely increased competition interest has enabled the editor to understand his audience better
- Editor is now armed with knowledge to ensure that existing and new advertisers get the highest quality service possible
- Editor now relaxed and confident to approach new and larger organisations with a view to advertising
- Magazine able to more than re-coup small additional cost involved in transfer to full colour by only slight modification to its advertisement pricing structure. – Customers gain full colour advertising for very modest additional cost.
- Clear and enforced scheduling and communication creates time for editor, who now has the confidence and enthusiasm to create 2 new monthly publications, in a similar vein, covering different areas. This will boost his earnings significantly